About Atelier Durian
Atelier Durian is a private internet community operated via Twitter, led by Kiyotaka Oshiyama. By joining this community you can view edited materials and gain animation know-how directly from Studio Durian’s Editing Service. You will gain insight into how the animation production process works and get an insider’s perspective of the animation industry. You can also find out about Kiyotaka Oshiyama’s current projects. The community is a platform where creators and members can meet and share knowledge.
Who is this service for?
- anyone who wants to gain know-how by seeing Kiyotaka Oshiyama’s editing and revisions
- anyone who wants to discover how the animation production process works at Studio Durian
- anyone who wants to see how Kiyotaka Oshiyama works and view his unpublished drawings and illustrations
- anyone who wants to discover the inside world of animation production
- anyone interested in learning from the experts rather than having their work edited
- anyone interested in animation production, whether professionally or as a hobby
- anyone wanting to connect with Studio Durian and Kiyotaka Oshiyama.
Atelier Durian’s service
This service is a platform where members can connect with one other via Twitter. Once your request to follow Atelier Durian has been approved, you will have access to our private Twitter account. You will gain access to all the information within the community including animation edits, drawing tips, inside stories about the animation industry, latest news about Studio Durian productions, work in progress and unpublished materials –all in real-time.
Message from Kiyotaka Oshiyama
My wish is for Atelier Durian to be a platform where you can not only view edited materials but actually feel closer to the world of professional animators. I will of course be sharing my top tips on drawing. I also have many inside stories that I can only share within a private community like this. Most of all, I want to share with you how I approach drawing and animation on a day-to-day basis. This community is still at an experimental phase. Join us and help make it the exciting place we want it to be!
- By joining the private community you can view new edits every month.
- You can also see unpublished and work-in-progress materials, uploaded on an ad hoc basis.
- As a member you will receive priority updates about events you can join and merchandise you can buy.
- If you wish to get more actively involved, you can share your creations and organise meetings with other members.
- Kiyotaka Oshiyama will tweet regularly during his free time.
*Atelier Durian does not offer an editing service. If you wish to receive this you can contact us through the Editing Service application form.
*All edits will be deleted from our Twitter timeline two calendar months after they have been uploaded, on the last day of the month. For example the archive of January edits will be deleted on the 31st of March.
- Atelier Durian : 1080 yen(incl. tax)/month
- Credit Card (PayPal)
Card types : VISA, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover
Terms and Conditions
- Tweets will be mainly in Japanese.
- You need to have a Twitter account in order to apply for membership.
- It will take approximately 3 working days from confirmation of payment before you are admitted to our Twitter community.
- The date on which you make your first payment will be the date that all subsequent monthly payments will be made.
- Atelier Durian is a closed community. You will be expected to keep all inside information to yourself.
- We reserve the right to cancel your membership if you are found to be a disturbance to the community for instance by slandering other members of the community.
- If you change your Twitter name or username, you must inform us immediately.
- If we are unable to contact you because you have changed your name or username, you may not be allowed to rejoin Atelier Durian and you may be forced to withdraw from membership.
- If you would like to cancel your membership, you can do so through our contact form or send an email to <firstname.lastname@example.org>. We will process your cancellation within 3 working days.
- If you cancel your membership just before your payment date, we may not be able to process the cancellation in time and you may be charged for the next month. We do not refund on a daily rate if you cancel in the middle of a payment period.
1 Application Fill in the application form on our website and send it to us.
2 Payment Click on the URL in the auto-reply email and make your payment by credit card.
3 Send a follower request After your payment has been made, send a request to follow Atelier Durian on Twitter (@durian_2nd).
4 Receive approval to follow Once payment has been confirmed and your identity has been verified, you will be admitted as a member and will be able to follow our account.
5 Completion You will now be able to see our private timeline (with new edits etc.) and be part of our Twitter community.
*We will send you an automated email soon after receiving your application form. If you do not receive an email from us, please check your spam folder or contact us at <email@example.com>.
About the President
Kiyotaka Oshiyama has been drawing since he was child. Armed only with self-taught knowledge, he started his career as an animator in the production company XEBEC Inc. He later went freelance, and polished his skills through numerous productions such as “Coil – A Circle of Children”, “EVANGELION:2.0 YOU CAN (NOT) ADVANCE”, “Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos” and “SPACE DANDY”. Through his work for STUDIO GHIBLI he learnt the animation methods of Hayao Miyazaki through productions such as “The Wind Rises”, “The Borrower Arrietty” and The Ghibli Museum’s short film “Mr. Dough and the Egg Princess”. His directorial debut was with TV series “Flip Flappers”. More recently he has worked on “DEVILMAN crybaby”, “FLCL Alternative” and “FLCL Progressive”. He is currently working on his own original creation whilst participating in several other productions.
Atelier Durian : 1080 yen(incl. tax)/month
Studio Durian Editing Service https://studio-durian.jp/news/studio-durian-editing-service
Charge correction https://studio-durian.jp/news/charge-correction
Free Editing Service https://studio-durian.jp/news/free-editing-service
Atelier Durian https://studio-durian.jp/news/atelier-durian-en